Re: [colorforth] TCP State Engine

--- Mark Slicker <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, John Drake wrote:
> >
> > Again you're ignoring the context.  He was talking
> > about this in the context of how much TCP one
> > would need to support a browser.  Anyway it's
> > inconsequential.
>
> You made it seem like it was a point of primary
> importance, now you drop
> it? What gives? He said a Forth web browser could
> not compete, does it
> matter whether it is in a stove?

Good grief Mark!  I dropped it because we were
talking in circles and you really weren't making
any sense.  I figured why waste each others time.
Anyway you're right, Jonah was saying that a Forth
browser (well actually a browser built on
a 3 screen TCP stack.  Forth wasn't the point.)
wouldn't be able to do much.  Sam, myself (and I
GUESS you) disagree with that point.  Yet you're
arguing with the people that actually AGREE with
that part of your argument.  That's just plain
odd.

> > And you can't do this because.......?
>
> Becasue I have to study the RFC, how many here have
> bothered to that
> before commenting on his post? The more time I spend
> responding to such
> "points", the less time I have for that.
>
> Mark

And someone is reaching through your the Internet,
grabbing your keyboard and forcing you to do things
you don't want to do.  Man, TCP really IS a monster!
I honestly don't see what your point is to some of
these "responses".  For instance why was it again
that you take exception to Sam's 5 block estimate
for wget?  Is it that you don't believe Chuck's
3 block estimate for TCP?  Or do you not think
that wget might be built from another 2 blocks?

Regards,

John M. Drake