Re: [colorforth] TCP State Engine

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, John Drake wrote:
> Good grief Mark!  I dropped it because we were
> talking in circles and you really weren't making
> any sense.  I figured why waste each others time.
> Anyway you're right, Jonah was saying that a Forth
> browser (well actually a browser built on
> a 3 screen TCP stack.  Forth wasn't the point.)
> wouldn't be able to do much.  Sam, myself (and I
> GUESS you) disagree with that point.  Yet you're
> arguing with the people that actually AGREE with
> that part of your argument.  That's just plain
> odd.

Do you really agree with me, does Sam? Why carry on then?

> And someone is reaching through your the Internet,
> grabbing your keyboard and forcing you to do things
> you don't want to do.  Man, TCP really IS a monster!

No one has tried to attack your credibility. I'm being attacked from two
sides now, I will stay and finish the fight.

> I honestly don't see what your point is to some of
> these "responses".  For instance why was it again
> that you take exception to Sam's 5 block estimate
> for wget?  Is it that you don't believe Chuck's
> 3 block estimate for TCP?  Or do you not think
> that wget might be built from another 2 blocks?

I think you missed the line "Ok, granted.". I don't have any major
problem with that estimate, however I don't see what good all of this
speculation is. We should do things I find out what it actually takes.

Mark