Re: [colorforth] Yes, but does it do Windows?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Roe" <roedj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <colorforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 9:56 PM
Subject: [colorforth] Yes, but does it do Windows?

> Group,
>
> Please forgive what must seem like a question from a total beginner.
20
> years ago or so I was big on Forth of the FIG variety. I had a lot of
fun
> with it, even did some of my college assignments in it as well as FPC.
Well,
> time moves on. I would like to pick up my love of Forth but frankly
all the
> Forths I see are very complicated and BIG. Did I say BIG? From what
I've
> gathered Color Forth is small and relatively simple. I do however want
> create some stand alone applications for Windows (32 bit). Is this
easily
> possible with Color Forth or would I be better served looking
elsewhere?
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Dan

ColorForth for Windows Downloads
http://www.geocities.com/eleks_76/

http://www.colorforth.com/cf.html Read each page twice.
First time read page then read page following the links.
Read every page again then sleep.
Your assumptions will get in the way of understanding at first.

Comments:
Use enter key instead of alt key  because windows insists on also using
the alt key adding confusion.   There is provision to  call DLL
functions from ColorForth for Windows that works on 2000 or windows XP.
On Windows 98, Colorforth accepts messages from other applications and
may cause a crash or other unwanted modifications of source.
If you need to run on 98, close other applications before running
colorforth.

As you have questions, ask.
We can use your help.

Robert