Re: [colorforth] Re-connecting

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, John Drake wrote:

Also the fact is UDP is currently
working under colorForth and, (to my knowledge)
TCP currently is not.  Does it not make sense
to make the most use of what's currently
available while waiting on the "correct"
protocol to be available?

Actually, I think mail client or a web browser would be a good context to further develop the colorForth TCP code. The code I wrote was a proof of concept, and I intended to develop this code in the the context of a web browser to find out what is needed rather than develop a general "sockets" layer common in C operating systems. Since then I've looked at some of the issues touched upon by Terry, like how to manage downloadable content, which is not really addressed by the colorForth system.

Mark