Re: [colorforth] Re-connecting

Terry, Friends,

> Perhaps that is minimal for you, I won't argue otherwise. To me, it misses
> the spirit of colorForth which is challenging the status quo. Maybe
> colorForth in its published form is not ideal for the these
> communication/'user' tasks, but just because that may be so does not mean,
> for me, that I must adopt some other existing practice. Perhaps what I
> want does not yet exist, perhaps it needs to be created. I don't know how
> people take an operating system and language from 70's as sacred, but
> more than not this seems to be the case.
>
> Mark

I appreciate your point of view on this subject, Terry,
but like Mark, I must say...

I believe that all other os's speak your truth as example.
And, now, I have ways to intergrate them to colorforth.
But, I have those other os's to do those other things.

I'm a hobbiest, with only the education that I can gleen from the info
and other enthusiasts on the web. I would say that I'm a user.

Colorforth is already useful for people like me.
It is a neat introduction to the inner workings of many areas of computing.
6 or 8 years of ( not constant ) learning and returning has payed off in
many areas of my education.

With colorForth, we have the oppertunity to push in an entirely new
direction, never before imagined.

Yes, I wanna realize your project, very much, in colorforth, now,
today!. but...
I also wanna see just how creative you really are.
And you too, reader.

( channeling Edison ) "Let us exhaust the wrong way."

--
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2 At users dot sourceforge dot net