Re: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

Gentilmen,
Ray here.

On Apr 7, 2005 4:56 PM, Chris Walton <chris.r.walton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think everybody is already contributing small parts to this cause
> but no one is taking the direct initiative.
>
> I'd like to see a group of CFers get together with that specific goal
> in mind, lay out design work, then code together. I would be the first
> one to join the project.
>
> I can set up a website for that purpose, anybody else interested?

... and I second. Yes, very interested.

As to work in this direction, may I point your attention to the
excellent work of Howerd Oakford ( nearly finished colorforth in
colorforth with an editor that has colorblind mode) , Tim Neitz (
multi-tasking colorforth with 6 working virtual consols and a nearly
finished editor of it's own, he's currently coding the word 'accept'),
and Mark Slickers work on the colorforth compiler. Tim and I have
already discussed a path that will allow us to boot with a memstick
thru the ide chain instead of USB, with the side effect of being able
to boot from HDD.

I believe that we may be growing a little less patient. Please, take a
breathe, join one or all of these initiatives and add your code. You
are wanted, needed, and can help at every level of the game.

Announce your findings here, ask your implementation and environment
questions here. Even and especially the questions you may concider
juvinile or easy, because when you do, you help the larger community.
We are in need of competent coders, as well as those who need to
learn, because the master coders learn from teaching others. There's a
prize for the stupidest question, so ask away.

Ray

--
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2ATusersDOTsourceforgeDOTnet and aolDOTcom