Re: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Chris Walton wrote:

I think everybody is already contributing small parts to this cause
but no one is taking the direct initiative.

I'd like to see a group of CFers get together with that specific goal
in mind, lay out design work, then code together. I would be the first
one to join the project.

I can set up a website for that purpose, anybody else interested?

The design is there in the kernel and on the web pages.

The simplest way to get involved is to code a word, or a functionality that exists in the kernel in colorForth and share it. It can be a very small piece, it doesn't matter. I think it could work well this way, because with a small piece you can focus on quality. I am willing to share any portion of compiler if there is immediate interest otherwise, I would just finish it an release it whole, or at least finish the compiler with stubs for things like 'abort' which depends on 'accept' which is rather large undertaking in its own right.

Mark