Re: [colorforth] bug in bit32?

On 5/8/05, Albert van der Horst <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:33:01PM -0400, Mark Slicker wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >
> > This is not entirely correct, remember that bit32 shifts EAX for each
> > iteration, and bit16 shifts just AX. This is where I argue that bit32 has
> > a bug, since the carry should be tested on the shift of AX.
> >
> > I don't know if it helps but I've coded bit16 in colorForth:
> >
> > : bit16 w drop *byte 15 2*s 16 for 2* -if p! then 2 +i next ;
>
> I reread your original post and at last I understand it.
> (Somehow I imagined the shifting going to the right.)
>
> Groetjes Albert
>
> --
> Albert van der Horst,Oranjestr 8,3511 RA UTRECHT,THE NETHERLANDS
> Economic growth -- like all pyramid schemes -- ultimately falters.
> albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst

I verified the display of `g' in emit and two emit, using
PeterAppelmans SmallFonts version, a nearly exact NASM of ChipChucks
MASM.
Indeed, all the letters that would normally use the bottom row in
icons to render the font, when displayed with 2emit, this last line is
not rendered to the display.

I know I'm supposed to post the fix. Sorry. Currently writing a paper
on Tim's multi-tasker, and I've nearly finished the introduction, sent
it to Chris for Chris-tique, and will begin on the meat and potatoes
portion this evening provided I finish the intro (which amounts to a
boot and edit tutorial with full grand tour of the keyboards and
display.)

Ray

--
Ray St. Marie