Re: [colorforth] merging edit time and run time

Chuck has thought of this, I dug up an email I had written, a transcript of Chuck's visit to an online Forth chat[1].

I'm eager to build these things, a colorForth browser, and a colorForth web server. I think both would use FML as a representation. To facilitate this I wish to have colorForth written in colorForth so that the the editor and colorForth environment are easily modifiable. This is what I am working on at the moment.

actually, what i meant by "edit-time" behavior was thinking about being able to program words that can "do stuff" while you are working on the source code. small widgets, or built in graphics or database editors. just like how words can do stuff during compile time, perhaps there could be words that initiated tiny applications when you click on them with the mouse. but maybe that would be messy, and i think i'm getting off track here anyway.

Roger