From: Roger Levy [mailto:trip_n_save@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 May 2005 04:18
To: colorforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [colorforth] merging edit time and run time

> Chuck has thought of this, I dug up an email I had written, a transcript
> of Chuck's visit to an online Forth chat[1].
>
> I'm eager to build these things, a colorForth browser, and a colorForth
> web server. I think both would use FML as a representation. To facilitate
> this I wish to have colorForth written in colorForth so that the the
> editor and colorForth environment are easily modifiable. This is what I am
> working on at the moment.

actually, what i meant by "edit-time" behavior was thinking about being able
to program words that can "do stuff" while you are working on the source
code. small widgets, or built in graphics or database editors.  just like
how words can do stuff during compile time, perhaps there could be words
that initiated tiny applications when you click on them with the mouse. but
maybe that would be messy, and i think i'm getting off track here anyway.

Roger