To: <colorforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 7:46 AM
Subject: Re: [colorforth] Ray Needs a Machine

On Monday 16 May  Ray St. Marie wrote:

Gentilmen, Ray here;
I'm in serious need of a colorforth booting machine that can run the
Appelman smallfonts image that Tim Neitz uses to create the
multi-tasker mtcf.

Nick here

My board is Asus P2 with Rage, but my initial trouble was the Win95 OS not the hardware: the CF floppy had to be created under "safe" mode or something (the details are in an old post) before it would boot. But once I had this floppy, it was easy to take it round the department and see what other computers would boot Chuck's CF.

Why not ask somebody who is actually running Tim's application, to mail you a copy of their working floppy (at cost)? Then you could take it round your computer stores and do as many spot tests as you like (after all, it only takes 3 seconds to boot CF from a floppy!).

Nick