Re: [colorforth] Ray Needs a Machine

On 5/16/05, John A. Peters <japeters@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I too would like a copy.  Maybe $5 to cover duplication costs?
>
> John A. Peters
> 121 Santa Rosa Avenue
> San Francisco, CA 94112-1939
> japeters@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/~tim/colorforth/mtcf/

Hi John,

You can find it here.
There are several ways to put it on disk in a windows environment.

1, Howerd Oakford way, Download Cfdos#.#.exe from Howerd's site.
http://www.inventio.co.uk/cfdos.htm
And follow the directions.

2. Get rawwritewin from....
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite.htm

3. Use the way Chuck recomends at his site using debug, being sure
that you use the right block count for the image you are making a disk
of.

From the site....

http://www.colorforth.com/trouble.htm
    * DOS can write a bootable floppy with DEBUG. In a DOS window type:
          o debug COLOR.COM
          o w100 0 0 7e
          o q
    * Unix can write a bootable floppy with dd or cp
    * Linux/BSD can write a bootable floppy with fdimage.exe

I believe, tho i'm not sure,,

debug on the command line starts the debug editor with the filename
COLOR.COM as the current file being debugged.

w100 means write to floppy,
0 starting at zero on the floppy
0 starting with 0 in the color.com file
and upto and including block
7e-hex=126-decimal-----/2=63 blocks

That's just 63 blocks and current `mtcf' disk images are about 300 so...
replace 7e with

300*2-convert to hex=0x258h

Or, I'll send one to anybody that wants to pay the postage and pay for
the disk or cdrom.

( Ray, just make a current cd collection of everything you can find
about colorforth-- update it regularly and offer it for 3 bucks or so
) hmmm maybe.

Ray
--
Ray St. Marie