Re: [colorforth] Ray Needs a Machine

On 5/16/05, Dr Nick Maroudas <alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 16 May  Ray St. Marie wrote:
>
> >Gentilmen,
> >Ray here;
> >
> >I'm in serious need of a colorforth booting machine that can run the
> >Appelman smallfonts

> >Nick here
> >
> My board is Asus P2 with Rage, but my initial trouble was the Win95 OS
> not the hardware:  the CF floppy had to be created under "safe" mode or
> something (the details are in an old post) before it would boot.   But
> once I had this floppy, it was easy to take it round the department and
> see what other computers would boot Chuck's CF.
>
> >Why not ask somebody who is actually running Tim's application, to mail you a copy of their working floppy (at cost)?   Then you could take it round your computer stores and do as many spot tests as you like (after all,  it only takes 3 seconds to boot CF from a floppy!).
> >
> Nick

Ray here:
Excellent advice Dr Nick, and thank you for the parts list.
I have such a disk in my posession.
The NASM version by Peter won't save on my Compaq p4 ( off the
shelf-model sr1010n all parts factory) tho it does run the colorforth
and the apps ( Nasm, Masm-works great).

 I was using my P1 ( salvage from American Airlines Reservation system
SABRE , an AST BRAVO that I updated with a vid-card ( tho the machine
has trouble running that card ) and an ethernet card ( real-tec RT8139
i believe) Cards that Tim Neitz sent me at great expence  to himself
from over seasfor which I am eternally his willing beta
tester./documentuer. )
( For you that speak cool, his beta tester = his bitch -- willingly :) )

Like i was saying... I was using my P1 to code and save the Appelman
Smallfonts with mtcf. Then i would run the code on the faster P4.

I'm currently in the documenting phase for Tim's multi-tasker. Don't
know why, just got a wild hair and now i can't quit till it's done.

If I tell the universe precisely. about what I need, I'm sure that I
will find it.

Thank you, ever abundant universe, and Dr. Nick especially :)

Ray
--
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2ATusersDOTsourceforgeDOTnet