RE: [colorforth] Attempt to reassemble colorforth: the Mark Slicker bug

Hi Ray,

I'm not 100% clear about which file was where when you tried to Upload in
cfdos ;)
I think the confusion is over the use of the word "file" as in "a file I
made on disk".

The principle is : you select a Win/DOS file using F6, say play.blk.
The display will show you the filename in the bottom right of the screen.
"U" and "D" are symmetric - they transfer data between the selected file and
the raw sectors on the floppy disk.
"U" Uploads raw data from the floppy to the file play.blk.
"D" Downloads the data from the file play.blk to the floppy.
But you probably know this already!

I presume that the floppy disk contained data from a file other than
cf800.blk, otherwise you would not notice any difference after you Uploaded
it ...
The only other explanation is that the floppy had read errors - I think I
report these, but its hard to test.

I checked out the cfdos4 "U" function on my PC - seems to work fine...

Good luck with the search for a suitable PC!
Try to avoid corporate PCs like Dell and Compaq - they are a law unto
themselves and tend not to support VESA or sensible hardware...
BTW I have yet to find a _laptop_ that doesn't run colorForth.

Regards

Howerd