Re: [colorforth] Jeff Fox

Quoting vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> I remember Jeff Fox mentioning a "soon" to be
> released new version of
> ColorForth.  This never happened -- does anyone know
> why?
>
>Nick here:

 On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:45:37 -0600 Ray St. Marie
<ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nick is right as far as I recall. Chuck has the USB
driver on the '05
version of colorforth that was distributed by Jeff Fox.
If not already
known to you, that version shipped with unexpected
corruption, which
in turn was corrected by Josh Grahms at :

http://qualdan.com/colorforth/chuck05-jg5.tar.gz

Nick here:

Hello, Ray!  ....  Yes, I am using Josh's chuck05,
downloaded from the site you mention above, with help
from Josh to install the version for 16bit color.  It
boots reliably, and one can use block 60 to format new
floppies; thus becoming independent of other OS.

Hi, Vaded!  See subsequent post by Ray on the thread
"Working with ColorForth" for his comparison with the
original.  CF05 has more facilities than CF01, yet
loads even faster and IMHO looks even neater.
Streamlined evolution - the opposite of bloat code.

Caritas,

Nick