Re: [colorforth] I've just made some new stuff available

On Nov 19, 2007 8:12 PM, Mark Tillotson <marktillotson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> If you don't want QWERTY, then just use the original version.  Mine is only
> different in being QWERTY input.  For myself, I find the opposite, my
> fingers are so trained that I find the original version very awkward and the
> QWERTY version is like a sigh of relief.  The only issue that I still have
> with the Windows version is that occasionally, on pressing the Alt key, the
> OS shifts the focus from colorForth to it's window.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Mark :
Hi, nice to hear from you. Hopping to get a chance to look over your
offered work shortly. I love reading this stuff. :)
BTW
Roman's Windows colorForth uses the ENTER key inplace of the ALT key
as a substitute for this very reason. The ALT followed by SPACEBAR is
a regular native colorforth move. ALT/Spacebar , as windows users
know, opens a WIndows window control window for the Windows colorforth
application running in a Windows window. lol :)

I've never used the qwerty keyboard in colorforth, myself, preferring
the ChVorak one. It doesn't take very much practice to get used to
using it. Much like a video game controller. Also, many of your
applications will use custom keyboards that will not use qwerty...
switching back and forth between windows qwerty and ChVorak mode is a
non issue. I'm constantly swapping back and forth and like any other
instrument it just takes some getting used to. Like a musician, I
would suggest starting slow and not rehearsing mistakes. Slow down
till you don't make any, then build speed from there. The keyboard is
part of the colorforth experience and I hope that is not lost with the
qwerty layout. John mentions that he actually has problems using the
qwerty layout.

Still, there have been people that have stated that they
couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't-have-to cope. Fine. I suppose I see it as
a religious issue and with that I acquiesce .

Anywho, I was glad to find another colorCoder being active in the world.

As for myself, I've begun the process of creating some movies showing
how colorForth works. I'm using CamStudio as the screen/audio capture
and practicing with it just now. This means using the windows version
for much of the work, or using my camcorder and other computers to run
colorforth, and then captureing that output into CamStudio as well.
Soon I will have all of the operations worked out, and I'll be posting
these movies to my dot-info site.

If anyone would like something in particular covered, please let me
know either thru this forum or directly to my Ray.stmarie AT gmail.com
email address.

Thanks,
Ray

--