Re: [colorforth] Hello - and where to begin?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:40:39AM -0700, John Comeau wrote:
> Hi Jason, I just checked the colorForth links I'd saved at del.icio.us
> and found they'd met the same fate you described. Ray St. Marie
> hopefully has resurrected his site elsewhere, and will let us know.
>
> Meanwhile I've collected a bunch of colorForth sources at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/colorforth/. Those at
> http://colorforth.cvs.sourceforge.net/colorforth/colorforth/masm/ are
> Chuck Moore's 2001 sources from colorforth.com. I remember I was once
> trying to disassemble the 2005 binary into sources but don't think I
> ever completed it. You're welcome to join the project if you wish.

I have truely completed the reverse engineering of the original
colorforth, including screens and bitmaps for the characters.
It also replaces hex code in the screens by (my) Pentium mnemonics
assembler.
This means that I can assemble the original binary.
This tool is (of course) written in Forth.

Go to my site (URL below) and click FTP.
I guess that using that tool, and the scripts I added,
your efforts could be substantial less.

> My modifications to colorForth, which include using BIOS calls for
> disk I/O, ought to work with  USB but I haven't yet tested; my time
> has been reallocated to other projects lately.

Groetjes Albert