Re: [colorforth] Booting from HDD

Good morning all,

This is from the color.lst

92 008c E85F00           call whereami ;# set EBP to where we relocated
 93 008f E89E00           showprogress
 94 0092 66E80D01         data32 call protected_mode
 94      0000
 95                  .code32
96 0098 E84F0100 call a20 ;# set A20 gate to enable access to addresses with 1xxxxx
 96      00

So it does look as if it is fine up until "call protected_mode" then the problem is somewhere after that point... But please don't spend more time trying to work this one out for me--it works with the USB floppy so I'm happy now! Of course, if anyone wants to go further then I'm happy to help.

And anyway, unless floppy emulation can be forced in BIOS, wouldn't the INT 13 read/write routines have to be changed to work on drive 0 instead of first floppy? Hey, I might try anyway, but these things are never *that* simple are they?

Thank you,
Jason