Re: [colorforth] "Take my wife ( cross out wife ) site, please!"

Hi John... Ray here :-)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:45 PM, John Comeau <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ray, if you feel you've wasted your time that's your choice, but you
> haven't wasted anybody else's, and your site helped me immeasurably
> when I was getting started with colorForth. I'm not "truly" a
> programmer either, but I don't let it stop me from enjoying it, or
> even making money from it now and then.

This is very kind of you to say. Thank you for ignoring my obvious ego
trip and saying these things to me. It is very nice to know one's time
and output is appreciated.

John I too have looked to your work as well, and you have pointed me
to the right place on more then one occassion. :-)

Now as to making money... :-)   I'm going to try to get on disablilty,
as I seem to be unemployable. I sometimes daydream about coding for a
living.

> Your domain doesn't expire until September, so I don't see what's the
> rush. I'd like to get a chance to mirror it before you destroy it, but
> I'm busy with other projects right now and can't get to it for a
> while. Could you maybe take a few deep breaths, decide you don't give
> a 5#1t about what others think of your programming abilities, and
> leave your site up for the edification  of all? If it's hosting fees
> that are causing the shutdown I can kick in a few bucks this coming
> payday, if you have a PayPal account.

Breathing deaply, as you suggest. I don't give a FivePoundOneTango (
lol 5#1t) about what others think of my programming abilities or lack
there of and will do as you say and leave the site up as long as
Charles Childers will allow. I assume this is in keeping with how
Charles feels about it as well.

Now if you really wanna help someone with cash, send it to Charles so
that he can keep affording to host these wayward forth projects. I
know he has Paypal and ususally has a donation link at his site,
somewhere.

Or heck, John, you have been hosting projects as well. Hosts should
receive. :-)

> --
> John Comeau <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://jc.unternet.net/
> "A place for everything, and everything