Re: [colorforth] "Take my wife ( cross out wife ) site, please!"

On 26/03/2008, Ray St. Marie <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's been pointed out to me that I'm truely not a programmer.

Ray, remember that the internet is sadly full (and, it seems, getting
fuller) of unpleasant people who operate under the delusion that
tearing down the work of others is as good as producing their own.
They are wrong, and they are deeply flawed people, and your efforts
have not at all been wasted or unwelcome.

Even if you decide not to share any of your work in public - and given
what people are like, who can blame you? - please don't give up
something that gives you pleasure just because someone else expresses
disdain. After all, if everyone trying to learn their instrument gave
up the first time someone told them to "shut that racket up", there
would be no music...

Regards, and best wishes
Gwenhwyfaer