Re: [colorforth] "Take my wife ( cross out wife ) site, please!"

Hi Gwenhwyfaer.
Ray here...

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26/03/2008, Ray St. Marie <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It's been pointed out to me that I'm truely not a programmer.
>
> Ray, remember that the internet is sadly full (and, it seems, getting
> fuller) of unpleasant people who operate under the delusion that
> tearing down the work of others is as good as producing their own.
> They are wrong, and they are deeply flawed people, and your efforts
> have not at all been wasted or unwelcome.

Isn't it true. I suppose i've been pretty isolated, even after so many
many years online. I like to think that everyone is on a path to
becoming and that the deeply flawed even more so. I know that I am
deeply flawed.

Its very kind of you to say these things to me, even after such an
obviously egotistical "jumping fit" that I had. I lost by turning off
my computer for many weeks. I knew you and others had written to me...
and was at a loss as to how to proceed...

Thank you.

> Even if you decide not to share any of your work in public - and given
> what people are like, who can blame you? - please don't give up
> something that gives you pleasure just because someone else expresses
> disdain. After all, if everyone trying to learn their instrument gave
> up the first time someone told them to "shut that racket up", there
> would be no music...
( I'm reminded of step mom when I was an early guitarist. )  I will
continue. I suppose the re-write i'm taking about for
colorForthRay.info will be about the new colorForth2.0a.

Have you tried playing with this yet? I've been reading it all and
trying to figure out if the USB will work for me with out haveing
tried that code yet. Floppy works and the Windows version is congruent
with the native... this is a good time to be a colorCoder. :-)

> Regards, and best wishes
> Gwenhwyfaer

Thank you again and I love that Gwenhwyfaer spelling. It's very exotic
and I assume it's Welsh? with out really knowing. Neat! :-)

--
Raymond St. Marie ii,
colorforthray.info