Re: [colorforth] "Take my wife ( cross out wife ) site, please!"

Quoting "Ray St. Marie" <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx>:

>... " It's been pointed out to me that I'm truely not
>... " a programmer.

Dear Ray,

The instant positive response by John Comeau and others
on this thread ought to reassure you.  Your version of
CF01 on Tim Neitz's site is packed with good things,
and your image of Josh Grams CF05 helped me boot CF05.
Don't let critics put you down - ColorForth is fun and
an intellectual exercise, just the thing for keeping up
one's spirit in illness.

A similar crisis occurred in Linux: a parting between
the "real" programmers who went soaring up into the
stratosphere, and the less talented but equally "real"
programmers engaged in documentation and spreading the
word. That's how user-friendly versions like Ubuntu and
Puppy Linux were born.  There is a wide spectrum in the
Open Source movement.

Every best is only a best within parameters. Here are
some quotes:

"The boy works hard but has no talent" - MichaelAngelo
on Raphael.

"A good man, pity he never learnt to be a real painter"
- ElGreco on MichaelAngelo.

"Sit we ever so high, we can only sit on our own rear
ends" - Montaigne.

Caritas,

NickM

*****

"If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly" -
GK Chesterton.