Re: [colorforth] "Take my wife ( cross out wife ) site, please!"

Hello Nick :-) Guess who. No. It's Me. ME! you know. Ray...

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Nick Maroudas
<alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quoting "Ray St. Marie" <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >... " It's been pointed out to me that I'm truely not
> >... " a programmer.

If I could turn back time...

> Dear Ray,
>
> The instant positive response by John Comeau and others
> on this thread ought to reassure you.  Your version of
> CF01 on Tim Neitz's site is packed with good things,
> and your image of Josh Grams CF05 helped me boot CF05.
> Don't let critics put you down - ColorForth is fun and
> an intellectual exercise, just the thing for keeping up
> one's spirit in illness.

You are absolutly right, Nick! Time to man up.
Oh! yeah, I've always wanted to mention to John about that MultiViewer
on Tim's CFO1-MTCF multi-tasking colorforth image... When John was
going over how to "print" colorForth text I always wanted to tell
him... Hey, John Ray here That multiviewer should give you some hints
as to how Howerd "printed" all of the characters in his Editor, but
with out all the fancy stuff. That multi-viewer is just the guts to
the print routine that would print any block just as it appears using
any of the colors or sizes of letter available to the system.  I will
do a version for cF2.0a soonest. Not able to just lift if of the one
image and put it on the other with out some... Wait... I should be
able to just transfer it over, keeping in mind that the Appelmen-Neitz
Small fonts will have more characters per block so those blocks could
be reformated to fit on reg-Fonts implementations.

> A similar crisis occurred in Linux: a parting between
> the "real" programmers who went soaring up into the
> stratosphere, and the less talented but equally "real"
> programmers engaged in documentation and spreading the
> word. That's how user-friendly versions like Ubuntu and
> Puppy Linux were born.  There is a wide spectrum in the
> Open Source movement.

This I was not aware of, and I appreciate the history lesson. Put me
under "less but real". I like to be the 'userFriendly' guy anyway. :-)
Thanks Nick.

> Every best is only a best within parameters. Here are
> some quotes:
>
> "The boy works hard but has no talent" - MichaelAngelo
> on Raphael.
>
> "A good man, pity he never learnt to be a real painter"
> - ElGreco on MichaelAngelo.
>
> "Sit we ever so high, we can only sit on our own rear
> ends" - Montaigne.
>
> Caritas,
>
> NickM
>
> *****
>
> "If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly" -
> GK Chesterton.

"Forgive them, Oh Lord, they know not what they do".  ( They are
unconscious, always.)

Using the original meaning of the word SIN, I fear that I have "missed
the point", gone into my unconscious, spat conditioned responses, and
forgot totally that I get to be a colorCoder. Forgot totally that I
get to be a colorCoder with you. Thank YOU Nick!

No not eunick, You, Nick. Thank you!  You remind me...

"It takes a man with a lot of "cahones"(sp?)  to stand up to himself."
-- unknown as far as I know.

"If I had no ego, I wouldn't be in this predicament." -- come on,
somebody had to have said that before me, right?

"Attention K-mart Shoppers, Wake UP! and smell the blue light special"
-- this is getting embarrassing but I can't help myself.

It goes on and on much like the same so in an effort to not continue...

Raymond St. Marie ii,
colorforthray.info
Ps: really Nick, Thank you. I play, but your words have always had weight.