Re: [colorforth] colorforth 2.0a for stand-alone and Windows use

> Gwenhwyfaer Hi, Ray here...
>> Unfortunately, it doesn't work (out of the box) on qemu 0.9.1 (Linux);
>> the screen mode is wrong. Is there a way to give it a different mode
>> to use? (An offset to patch with a hex editor would be great.)
>
> Wondering if you can run the native. Can you dd copy the OkadWork.cf
> file to a floppy and boot? Display? This will help determin your
> Display settings if they are not working. I'm sure that we can either
> hexedit changes to your copy or even I could make the changes on the
> block where the Nvidia and Ati ( floppy driver block) are stored and
> see if those changes work.

On block 52 are definitions of "ati" and "nvidia"
they store a literal to "vesa"
"vesa" on the command line of my system returns 4001ac2
ati stores 10cd4123 to vesa and nvidia stores 10cd4118

if you have access to a command line, even if the display
is black, you can try "floppy " to load 52
"ati save warm "  or "nvidia save warm " and see if it helps

I have to do that when running off floppies and
switching between a desktop machine at work and a
desktop machine at home.