Re: [colorforth] Problem with ColorForth 2.0

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Ray St. Marie <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> pps: I coded it directly into that old wiki people found it in with
> out testing. I knew I would work the first time. :-)

I was at work, goofin' off as usual when I found the wiki
with all of those HelloWorld programs. I edited the code
directly into the wiki and then, after when I got home,
coded it from the wikipage into ColorForth for Windows.

At work, since I didn't have colorForth there ( yet :-) ) I used
Chucks page http://colorforth.com/chars.html , and the fact that the
caps are letter+48.

Then I got home I found a spelling error that I don't recall now, but
one fo the letters was coded incorrectly, So, I did go back into the
wiki site and recode it, but this time in hex. Don't know why hex.
But, even though it printed the wrong letters, it did work the very
first time I ran the code.

I now believe that my code is in no position to be considered for the
HELLO WORLD challenge, as Chuck's is the most elegant and the General
Solution exhists.
If one can get the idea that say, codeing a display for something that
changes on the screen, but the screen also has titles and lables, then
Chucks could be the page title, but it would take the General Solution
to fill in the rest where it would be displayed.

Your both right! and I'm wrong! :-)

--
Raymond St. Marie ii,
colorforthray.info