Programming the MuP21 development system in FORTH

On Tue, 15 Nov 1994, Jeff Fox wrote:

> 4012  	MuP21 Development System, $350
> MuP21 system with 1Mx20 DRAM, 128KB EPROM, parallel I/O port, in an attractive
> box.  Apply 5V power and it generates NTSC signals to drive a color TV monitor.
>  MuP21 assembler and sample code included to guide application development.

What is the programmer's input device to this system? I know, that Chuck
would favor a joystick under OK -- four arrow keys and two (or theree?)
buttons. This might be fun, I'll try it :-)

On the other hand, if one would like to type source code, some interface
to a keyboard is needed. How would one be connected?

Anothor question is the mass storage. Is the PCMCIA interface functional?
Can type I-II-III storage devices be attached to the system?

The next question, that arises is the transfer of data from other
computers (a PC maybe) to the MuP21 realm. But this may be done with the
parallel port, I guess.

Of course, if one has a PC, one might actually use the PC as a terminal and
mass storage over the parallel port, but this setup is less flexible. I
personally woulg like to be able to put the system, keyboard, mass storage
and power supply in a bag and be able to work anywhere on the road, where
I can find a TV set.

--
Penio Penev <Penev@venezia.Rockefeller.edu> 1-212-327-7423