Re: Programming the MuP21 development system in FORTH

On Nov 16, 15:13, Penio Penev wrote:
> Subject: Programming the MuP21 development system in FORTH
| On Tue, 15 Nov 1994, Jeff Fox wrote:
|
| > 4012  	MuP21 Development System, $350
| > MuP21 system with 1Mx20 DRAM, 128KB EPROM, parallel I/O port, in an
attractive
| > box.  Apply 5V power and it generates NTSC signals to drive a color TV
monitor.
| >  MuP21 assembler and sample code included to guide application development.
|
| What is the programmer's input device to this system? I know, that Chuck
| would favor a joystick under OK -- four arrow keys and two (or theree?)
| buttons. This might be fun, I'll try it :-)
|
| On the other hand, if one would like to type source code, some interface
| to a keyboard is needed. How would one be connected?
|
| Anothor question is the mass storage. Is the PCMCIA interface functional?
| Can type I-II-III storage devices be attached to the system?
|
| The next question, that arises is the transfer of data from other
| computers (a PC maybe) to the MuP21 realm. But this may be done with the
| parallel port, I guess.
|
| Of course, if one has a PC, one might actually use the PC as a terminal and
| mass storage over the parallel port, but this setup is less flexible. I
| personally woulg like to be able to put the system, keyboard, mass storage
| and power supply in a bag and be able to work anywhere on the road, where
| I can find a TV set.
|
| --
| Penio Penev <Penev@venezia.Rockefeller.edu> 1-212-327-7423
|
>-- End of excerpt from Penio Penev
If I buy one, I will probably interface it to an old Tandy 200 notebook or my
HP100LX palmtop.  I don't have a real PC or a spare color monitor.  I'm
basically interested in using it as an off-line signal processor/numerical
processor.  All I need is to be able to send and retrieve data to the box and
insert code to be executed.

--
M. Edward Borasky (znmeb@plaza.ds.adp.com)

"There's no fuel like an old fuel!" -- National Coal Institute