PCMCIA with MuP21

On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Jeff Fox wrote:

> I lost the question about if you can make a PCMCIA to UVPROM
> jumper at home.
>
> The answer is:  Yes.  It is easy to do.  You can get PCMCIA header
> from DIGI-KEY (HR801-ND) for $6.24 (1-800-digi-key), a 32pin dip
> socket, and some wire and solder.  I can provide the schemetic.

Most definitely do.

I plan to attach a hard drive to the system, so I can store some data on it,
go away from my desk and still being able to do some useful work.

I do plan to investigate attaching in a PCMCIA modem, so that I could read my
email while on the road. Or may be a modem with a parallel interface will be
better/cheaper?

What is a book, that one should read on PCMCIA?

Of course, I plan to reuse every PCMCIA device with F21, once it becomes
available.

> And if you want to attach an i/o card
> (not memory) you will need to run an i/o signal to the PCMCIA
> header also.  I have not yet done either of these things.

Does this apply to hard drive cards also?

> I do not know how many PCMCIA cards or headers Dr. Ting has
> in stock, he might have a few.

It would be best, of course if he could sell the whole package.

--
Penio Penev <Penev@venezia.Rockefeller.edu> 1-212-327-7423