Output devices for MuP21

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994, Eddie Matejowsky wrote:

> Thanks Jeff for the reply. Your answers to my questions and other's
> questions is making the picture a lot clearer.
> >The P21Forth can use a parallel or serial keyboard.  So you can use a
> >PC as host as was done on the Novix kits.
> O.k. you can use a serial keyboard but what about a terminal. The question
> is really - can I run the system without a NTSC monitor, they're fairly rare
> in Australia.

I personally will travel to Europe around Xmass and intend to use it on
PAL/SECAM TV sets. The statements is, that since the video output is
progamable, one could in principle write a driver to PAL. The unclear
things are whether another xtall will be needed, and whether the voltage
range of the output should be changed. Any book on video signals must
have that info. Although I don't know of any, I'm willing to read one
and write the driver, if anybody can suggest the title.

--
Penio Penev <Penev@venezia.Rockefeller.edu> 1-212-327-7423