No Subject

Just did a quick, non-scientific benchmark of P21 using the 3d graphics
stuff I've written.  I compared P21 running Jeff Fox's P21Forth with
IBM PCs running LMI's UR/Forth386.  Since UR/Forth has line drawing
routines in assembly, and P21Forth's are in high-level Forth, I did the
benchmarking without drawing the lines.  So, this is a measure of integer
math speed, using a "real world" application.

CPU         Seconds
486DX40     19
P21/6Volts  30
386DX20     35

I was quite surprised at how well P21 did.  P21Forth is not as tweaked as
UR/Forth, with many words still in high-level Forth.  When Jeff has time
to CODE the line drawing routines, I'll revisit this benchmark.

-Dave