PAL signal on P21

The P21 documentation, Dr. Ting's kit and Jeff Fox's
P21Forth are all layed out for the generation of an
NTSC signal on video output. It seems that some people
have tried successfully to generate a PAL signal.
I assume that this involves using a different XTAL and
different instructions to the video processor. Jeff men-
tions one Cristophe who has done it. I have never seen
anything posted on MISC in this respect.
To make the P21 into a product using video signal genera-
tion in Europe or Latin America would require a PAL signal.
Could anyone who has any information in this respect please
comment.
Thanks,
Klaus Blass