Another unidentified subject!

        Hello Misc people,

        Pardon the off-topic interruption, but this is once-off thing
for benefit to the Forth community. The FOR survey needs your help in
getting Forth telecom resources information, not excluding anywhere, and
particularly outside of the U.S. If you missed it on c.l.f. please check
out the following.

        Also, could Jeff and/or Penio send in something about the MISC
list itself, and Jeff's WWW site? It is preferred that the providers
supply the information themselves so it doesn't get screwed up! :)

        Thanks for your patience.

        Kenneth O'Heskin

---

                     FORTH ONLINE RESOURCES SURVEY
                     -----------------------------

        The first Forth Online Resources survey, initiated by Marlin
Ouverson <OuversonM@aol.com>, Tom Bohon <tomb@hecb.wa.com>, and Kenneth
O'Heskin <koh@artopro.mlnet.com>, is an attempt to build a comprehensive
listing of all publicly accessible Forth related electronic resources.

        The compiled Forth Online Resources list will be primarily for
support of Forth Dimensions' ongoing service to the community, but the
list will be made available by email from forl@artopro.mlnet.com to
anyone who requests it, as well as future Forth FAQ compilers.

        The co-operation of the readers of comp.lang.forth is requested
to make this work.

        All resource providers who see this please take a few minutes
and complete the survey form(s). If you have reason to believe a BBS,
or Internet site, or another network may not see this posting, please
pass it on, or fill it out on their behalf. Do not assume George will
do it! We can live with any duplications that may occur.

        "Online Resource" should be interpreted liberally, not just a
major FTP site, but any BBS with a Forth files area, a mailing list, a
directory with a few Forth files, a mailbox supporting a single Forth
product, ... if there's any doubt let us decide.

        Email completed survey forms to forl@artopro.mlnet.com. Or,
it may be uploaded to the AoP BBS [604] 826-9663, or sent by snail
to      c/o ForthBC, P.O. Box 3665, Mission, BC, Canada  V2V 3M1

        All contributors will be emailed a personal copy of the compiled
list.

        Thanks for your help!

All Resources are assumed to be publicly accessible; any restrictions
(such as pay BBS's, customer support facilities, or hours of access)
should be specified in the comments or other appropriate section.

If a facility offers multiple resources, send in multiple entries as per
the examples below.

Resource Type:
        N   =Network newsgroup/conference/topic area
        M   =Mailbox
        T   =Telnet
        O   =Other

 0.0  Resource type: (abbreviation, one per form)

 1.0  Resource name:
    1.1    Resource startup date:

 2.0  Location (city/region/country):

 3.0  Online address(es)/telephone numbers:

 4.0  Sponsorship (specify university, business, private, non-profit, or
                   or other)
    4.1    Sponsoring person/institution's name:

 5.0  Contact name (admin, sysop, etc.):
    5.1    Email address:

 6.0  Access type (free/pay, and conditions of access):

 7.0  Connection type (modem/telnet):
    7.1    Modem: (maximum bps, Parity/Bits/Stop)
    7.2    Telnet: (address)

 8.0  Files: approximate Number of Forth-related files available:
    8.1    Theme around which these files are grouped? (specify)
    8.2    Available to first-time callers?

 9.0  Mail and News:
    9.1.0  Mail technolog(ies) (specify smtp,nntp,uucp,qwk,netmail/etc.)
       9.1.1   Binary mail xfers supported (uuenc/decode, MIME, etc.)?

10.0  System software (eg: PCBoard, Linux, etc.) if relevant:

11.0  Additional comments (take all the space you need):

Example Response 1:
------------------

 0.0  B
 1.0  Art of Programming BBS
 1.1  Jan 13, 1991
 2.0  Mission, British Columbia, Canada
 3.0  604-826-9663
 4.0  non-profit
 4.1  ForthBC Computer Language Society
 5.0  Kenneth O'Heskin
 5.1  koh@artopro.mlnet.com
 6.0  Free dialup access for all Forth files
 7.0  modem
 7.1  v32 8,N,1
 8.0  hundreds of Forth files
 8.2  first-time callers can download
 9.0  Mail and News: email by low cost annual subscription;
                     200 Usenet groups (inc. comp.lang.forth)
                     BCbbs.net
 9.1.0  uucp,qwk
 9.1.1  uuencode/decode
10.0  Wildcat,JGNT_Mail
11.0  Download aop.zip for a list of all files on the board

Example Response 2:
------------------

 0.0  L

 1.0  FIRE-L
 1.1  September 1994

 2.0  global

 3.0  subscribe:   listserv@artopro.mlnet.com
      submissions: fire-l@artopro.mlnet.com

 5.0  Moderated by Rick Hohensee
 5.1  rickh@cap.gwu.edu

11.0  The Fire-l Mailing List, for updates, discussions, debate,
      speculation and announcements of Rick Hohensee's free form
      FIRE specification

     Art Of Programming BBS  Mission BC, Canada  604-826-9663 24/hrs::::
        V.32/42bis 8N1  Forth.MIDI.Graphics.Hardware.Software.Design::::::
           :: koh@artopro.mlnet.com :::: also: forthbc@mindlink.bc.ca ::::::