Mup21 board

>From: klaus@visualnet.com.br (Klaus Blass)
>Subject: Re: Has anybody got the Mup-21 working with Pal color?
>
>>I have been using a tri-standard (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) TV set with the MuP21, and
>>found that it also works in PAL mode, except the colours are transposed.
>>So, before spending money and time, first try your PAL monitor and see if the
>>colours are acceptable.
>>Christophe
>
>I have used a double standard TV set NTSC/PAL (Brazilian PAL-M, that is).
>I can confirm that it works in PAL mode, only that all colors are shown
>as grey values.
>I have also acquired (but not yet tested) a 40US$ NTSC-PAL transcoder.
>Actually, what I bought was the 80$ unit which has an additional wireless
>link to the TV set. As I said, not tested sofar.
>As concerns the portable TV, I am also still looking for one. I have been
>told that the LCD one Chuck Moore used is too small let you read
>Dr.Ting/Jeff Fox' fonts properly. Anyone who tried a LCD TV and was able
>to read the fonts - I'ld like to know about it.

Yes there are a few little tricks I'd like to test out myself with an LCD.
In matter of fact I was hoping to get a 384, 192 or 128 pixel width RGB LCD
and set up a virtual 80 colomn screen (where the background is white and
each sub pixel of the RGB stripe is addressed by setting the screen pixel
to a colour that would switch off that sub pixel, thus 384*3(RGB) pixels
would generate over 1000 pixel resolution (I was going to use a 192 width
instead for economics).  But then last night I realised that I was using video
output not RGB, and becuase the colour resolution of video is much lower
than the 384 resolution intensity signal I couldn't address individual
pixels and get 80 columns.  Unfortunate, maybe on the F21.

Mup21 Board.

Some observations and questions about it.

I have board version P21A3, July 1984, and it is different from the
assembled board, from the looks of it PCMCIA is not supported (though the
P21A5 diagram given for the board has it and the instructions talk about
using an SRAM card), so is it possible to add PCMCIA?

I am having trouble locating the 14.318 Mhz clock, anything special about
it?

It looks like I'll have to burn an eprom for the Jeffs Forth.

The document does not mention anything about the speed rating for the 72 Pin
Simm Dram Module (1M*32).  What should I be after, as far as the normal
speed rating and the 35ns fast access (in one of the More On Forth Engines
volumes)?  This module is fairly expensive (4MB), is it possible to use 72
pin modules with less capacity (like 1MB) with out problems?

Well if anybody can give advise on these it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne.