Re: MISC-d Digest V97 #5

>If memory serves me right, F21 is 3/4 empty and is about 15K transistors.
>that means that another 45K are potentially sitting there unused. How many
>Ks of SRAM does that make?  If Chuck's OKAD is about 8K, I believe that
>almost anything useful can be that big and fit on chip.

Dynamic RAM takes one transistor per bit, so you'd have a bit less than 6K
bytes, or 2K 20-bit words.

Static RAM takes four transistors per bit, so you'd have about 1K bytes, or
about 500 20-bit words.

Now, depending on design rules, you might be able to get significantly more
transistors on there in a RAM array.  Your mileage may vary.