Re: Color Forth

> Date sent:      Thu, 07 Aug 1997 22:31:35 -0400
> From:           Andrew Sieber <asieber@usa.net>
> Subject:        Re: Color Forth

> wmor1@student.monash.edu.au wrote:
> > About colour Forth, nice idea but as Andrew Houghton pionts out, a bit
> > useless for colour blind people.   Another topic is that while good
> > for clarifying syntax, how are we supposed to print it on a b&w
> > printer?
>
> Neither of those problems exist if you use Normal Forth as the
> underlying code.  My C++ code shows up colorfully in Borland's editor,
> but it is still standard C++.  I can also print the code on my b&w dot
> matrix printer, and it comes out as standard C++.  Colorblind or not,
> the code is readable.  The color on the screen is of course useless to a
> colorblind person, but it is not an obstacle.
> Since I was suggesting combining Borland's and Chuck's ideas and
> visually displaying color words _instead_ of b&w colons, semicolons,
> etc., but still having Normal Forth underneath, the b&w printers and
> colorblind people can simply ignore the color editor and use the
> underlying (b&w) Normal Forth instead.  Yes, if colorblind people use
> the color editor, necessary information about the code will be invisible
> to them; however, nobody's under any obligation to use the color
> editor.  It's all the same to the computer.

Agreed.

Just the sugesstion of replacing normal syntax with colour in other
messages.

Wayne.

Wayne Morellini  <wmor1@student.monash.edu.au>

Post Graduate Student Representative.
Rusden Campus, Deakin University, Vic, Australia.

GradDip Media Studies (Current), Bach InfoTech (Distinction)
& AD Business(Computing).