RE: Color Forth

	> Jeff Fox wrote:
	>> He made other points about Forth and where he want to go
	>> with it.  He wants to simplify it further.  He wants to
	>> replace words like : ; ( ) COMPILE [COMPILE] IMMEDIATE etc
	>> with a color change token that just looks like a space.

	> It seems to me that Chuck is missing something obvious.  The
computer

	I agree, Chuck is missing something important.  Having worked
with someone, for the past ten years,
	who is color blind -- a programming language which relies on
color is just plainly a bad idea.  The nice
	syntax colorizing of Microsoft Visual C++ or Borland C++ is not
very helpful for the person but he can
	still program in the language.  Having a programming language
based on the ability to distinguish color
	would make programmers who suffer from color blindness, useless
programmers.  Many times we take
	things for granted, like the ability to distinguish colors.
It's not until you work with someone who has
	a disability that you can begin to understand the difficulties
they face.  The biggest challenge this
	person is facing now in this Web enabled world is visiting
vendors Web sites, to obtain programming
	information, which don't provide enough contrast between their
color schemes thus making the pages
	unreadable to the person.