Re: oversampling

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, KC5TJA wrote:

> [...]
> Imagine how much more efficient our nervous system would be if we used
> soliton waves instead of simple spikes... :)

Be careful with assumptions about efficiency of biological systems. We
have been underestimating them for centuries. Can _you_ make
deep-submicron liter-sized defect-tolerant nonbrittle systems which work
for many decades, delivering at least 10^18 Ops @ 20 W?

Seems quite a lot of quite unique specs, eh?

> [...]
> Does anyone know what network topology our brain uses? :)

In parts of it a (polarized) statistical hypergrid/hyperlattice, with an
outwards increasing level of defectivity.

ciao,
'gene