No Subject

Ok, I'm going to declare myself to be the founding member of the
unofficial iTV fan club.  This thing is great! So long as this
endeavor, and the VM Compatible games console come out this year, I
will save $$$ and not have to fork out for a modern PC. If videogame
companies can have followings, then why not web browser companies.

I wonder if there ever will be an iTV cablemodem / games console tie
in?

Personally, I don't think that the computer companies will have much
to worry about, as this device will carve its own niche. Except that
the WebTV box is headed for the closet.

Now I am reminded of something that I really wanted to convey.  I
really think that there should be a general purpose Forth plug in for
multiple computer platforms, a sort of Java peer competitor )
but more stable, faster, stronger, richer, more-elegant. SwiftX runs
byte tokens on the Cashless transaction system in Europe. They are
both threaded interpreted languages.

So, if there ever is a WebForth product, then it would be keen to port
it to the web browser, because then even the poor people would be able
to use common-mini-apps ( runs on iTV, PC, Mac, Sun etc ). Also, its
already Forth, so it would take up MUCH less memory on this set-top-box
than Java. Such a WebForth may be able to be patched on top of the
current PEGASUS web browser, maybe.

Actually, I'm going to buy a modern PC so I can try out Meme,
ProForth, Pygmy and something else. Maybe I'll be able to afford one
in about 6 months.

Jason ( Warpstar ) Damisch
O is for Office