No Subject

Hi guys

I've had an eye on some new stuff that may interest.

- http://www.microdisplay.com

- http://www.microdisplay.com/tech_integrate.html

These are silicon chips with LCD displays matarial incorporated on the
silicon.  On the backplane itself can be incorpoarted all supporting
driver electronics for a full SVGA display, and "microprocessors and
memory" a good target for I21, F21.  The company is small and probably
eager to find partners.  There are others but I believe that this one
has better potential with, I think, their own small Silicon display
foundary.

Incorporated with a reflective mirror type display a tablet computer
could be made.

http://www.socketx.com/

This is Socket-X, a large 303-ball BGA chip socket that goes on
motherboards (Micron at moment) that has all the interfaces for Socket-X
3-D chips.  The Rendition Socket-X chip has embedded video memory, Risc
processor and 3D/video circuits.  Good technology for F/I 21 to fit on
or just as a graphics processor for Mup21 ;).

VMLABS have designed a new videogame platform, Project X, for
incorporation into DVD plays, replacing the existing chipset at simular
cost.  This would enable them to get a wider user base for little
effort, something that would have been possible years ago with Forth
Chips.  http://www.vmlabs.com

That's all I can rember I've had another lecturer in and out of here
talking to me while I've been trying to rember things, and this software
has been crashing so I forgot the rest of the stuff.

Thanks

Wayne.