Re: MISC-d Digest V98 #37

KC5TJA <kc5tja@topaz.axisinternet.com> Wrote:

> Actually I would like to see a multi-processing module to handle 24
bit
> graphics, 3-D, 3-D stereo sound, the before mentioned IO wish list,
for
> a handheld system (Java, Win-CE, game system).  It could be done with
IICK!  IICK!  AACK!  Out out, damn spot!
It's PalmOS or NOTHING, no matter HOW good the underlying hardware is.
Java is just plain too slow, and WinCE makes me wince (and vomit, and go
into siesures, et. al.).

Well, actually, they wouldn't let me do it, I thought it would have made
a nifty small OS emulator, so I emailed the manager of Business
development (I previosly tried to find a chaocalate Bilby for him to
give to his kid for easter), got to plug Chuck's Misc, strangely that
was the last I heard of him ;)

> 100Mw of power with SVGA colour display.
You mean 100mW.... ;)  I sure wouldn't want  a handheld that consumed
100
Mega-watts of power... ;D

Actually they were reflective and power consumption is down to around 10
or 27mw I think,  Though I wouldn't mind 100Mw projection system, we'd
be able to play games on the surface of th3e Moon (I also used to be in
the Vectrex news group, discussing laser systems :).

Wayne.

Bye.