Re[2]: MISC personal computers

Hi, Luis;
>http://www.anachreon.com/hispec

Cool!  Bridging the gap between PDA's and PC's...  I like it!  I'd
like to point out that the machine could take-on many different
physical forms and price-points, yet still run the same core h/w and
s/w.

>I do like the idea of using a MISC per 'function': I/O, f/p etc and
although it may seem like overkill I reckon that the cost/performance
issue will interest those wanting to expand the possibilities
further, eg: A MISC for keyboard I/O may be likened to taking a jumbo
just to cross the road, but the potential of using that MISC to it's
full capacity is there, available, ready for someone to come along
and set it up for input from a dataglove plus joystick, whatever.

You see my point exactly!  One of the projects that I worked on had a
*minimum* of 7 CPU's -- which sounds like a bloody nightmare -- yet
both the h/w and s/w were simple and robust, with astonishing
performance;  MUCH easier + faster to design / implement than trying
to get a single CPU to run the whole show.  Most of the time was
spent designing the message-passing protocols -- after that, the code
practically wrote itself...

cheers   - vic