RE: my opinion on some MISC mail list topics for the record

Thanks for the report, Jeff.

What does "not too concerned about being fired" mean?

a.	iTV is steady now and you are in demand there.
b.	Ultra Technology has enough business independently to pay bills.
c.	Ultra and C. Moore plan business that will pay bills.

Can you report any steadiness in the future?  I'm interested.  But when I
hear
you talk that "It's OK to just have proved possibility instead of
creating value(defined as products sold)", I instantly think to
myself--"Stick
with FPGA experiments until they demonstrate."  I won't spend effort
on concepts of how to use MISC chips unless I can make a product.  I'd
really like to hear what concrete building blocks Ultra Technology can
offer.

I saw a report of some people that might work with you in the realm of
design service for hire, and control system partnering, and their product
will sell to a mass market, but they also need to prove it, so you are
matched in product evolution timing.  Edwina Orr and David Trayner of
291 Hackney Road, London have developed a modification to an LCD display
that gives good 3D stereovision with the limitation of one 2 inch sweet spot
for the viewer's head position.  They replace the diffuse backlight with
point sources and a screen mask, (could be made with OKAD--no foundry mask
ante hurdle--immediate value/income) that interlaces
the display for stereo effect.

Technically, the next things they need are a viewer following control
system,
productized holographic lens masks, video reformatting embedded system,
stereo/mono
vision mode change controller/light source motion/brightness control system.
This
kind of work could be done with DYOP FPGA approach, then lead right away to
a high volume application for MISC processors.  The market for this display
is,
among other things, VIDEO GAMES.  A mass market.

See   http://www.spie.org/stereoscopic/1996/sd96phde.html  at top of page.

	http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid%5F271000/271693.stm a BBC
news
	article from  Wednesday, February 3, 1999 Published at 19:09 GMT

	Feb 22nd EE Times page 10

They seem aligned with you and CM's desire to create value self reliantly,
and yet, they have just stepped into the light of publicity.
There might be a match of styles and complementary abilities between you
all.

John Griessen
Austin TX

.
.
.
now that I am not too concerned about being fired ....