MuP21 kit

I have a MuP21 kit. When I first tried to connect to the board, I would connect
the serial line to the host pc, and press reset on the board, I would see the
eForth banner and could sometimes type a few characters before is hung. I found
that if i was quick, i could type SLOW and the board would seem more stable,
it would somtimes maintain the connection for a few minutes before hanging. Then
one day I pulled out the video clock chip, and now it runs fine, for the most
part, I've had it running programs on the MuP21 for hours, with no problems.
Still though, if I haven't typed anything for a while and the board is just
idleing, it will cease to respond and i have to press reset. Has anyone run into
this? I think I heard somewhere about running the cpu at different voltages.
Is there anything else I can do to make it more stable?

Another problem, is I cannot seem to generate video. My TV does not have
video inputs, but I tried using the inputs on my vcr and I did not see anything.
Doesn't it send an OK to the video display on power up? I bought an RF modulator,
and was going to try to run the video through that so I can see it on channel
3 or 4. Any suggestions? ( I did have the video clock chip in during these tests)
the cpu seems to be running fine. There is just a circuit trace from the cpu
video line to the video socket connector, so I think the connection is ok. I would
really like to play with the video cpu on the MuP21. if anyone has some ideas,
let me know.

TIA,

Lonnie