Re: Funding

Hiya all,

At 13:09 -0500 16/3/99, vic plichota wrote:
>>Something such as a fee-based
>>monthly eMail newsletter

Neat idea, though we should look at the numbers on this list to see if it
will actually render sufficient funds (may need a top up!).

>This sounds good, I also liked the T-shirt idea.

;-)

I've managed to get some materials and I will be testing them out during
the next few days.

I understand the concern that this being Jeffs' 'baby' that he should have
input as to how to approach this funding issue, fine, I've got no problem
with that. The reason I brought 'funding' into the light is because I saw
how tired he was (reading in between the emails) and felt that I wanted to
contribute in whatever way shape or form that I could, regardless of how he
might view it and how he would use the cash.
Sure I want the P21 to progress, and I hope that if this funding 'thang'
goes ahead that it will further the chip along its evolution, but initially
it was to give Jeff something back: seeing as money is an accepted (ok, by
some) gift token, for him to do with as he wished: be it for the chip, for
a pair of socks, an ice cream or even a pina colada. It's not what 'I'
want, it's what he needs, whatever that may be.
He needs money, full stop.

I'm certain that if he saw this as an 'encroachment' he would let us know.
If he prefers a more formal setting that's fine by me, but at the moment
nothing has been arranged and he still needs the money, it's as simple as
that.

Regards,

Luis.