Re: Funding

At 1:18 +0100 17/3/99, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

<snip!>

>PPS: why does Chuck stick to 20/21-bit size? Wouldn't 32/33-bit simplify
>a LOT of things for software/hardware interoperability (and hence,
>marketability, too) ? Or is there _such_ a design (or fab cost) barrier
>to expanding the word size? I dream about a F33-based handheld computer!
>(F33: eventual 33 bit version of F21, with 32-bit data just like F21 has
>20-bit data, so as to be compatible with standard sizes of everyone's data
>and I/O devices).

Interesting.

>PPPS: How hard would it be to make some kind of PalmPilot- or Psion-
>like machine based on 32-bit FORTH processor technology?
>Meanwhile, we're stuck with m68K- and ARM-, or worse, ia32- based machines :(

Maybe you missed http://www.anachreon.com/hispec which was gravitating
towards the Motorola MPC8240 but has now switched to the Mup21 (am working
on redoing the site....in between washability tests for the t-shirt prints)

>P^4S: I'm more of a software guy. Wouldn't you gain from MISC operating
>software being free software? After all, it could only encourage people
>to buy MISC hardware, and pay MISC hardware designers!

I have specced out an OS already, I'm just waiting for the chips to
implement it.

Regards,

Luis.