Re: Funding

Luis Commins wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> At 20:40 +0000 17/3/99, Dan C. Rinnert wrote:
> >Lloyd R. Prentice writes:
> >>At risk of misinterpreting someone's views, let me try to synthesize the
> >>suggestions to date.
> >
> >After reading Lloyd's summary of the funding discussion, I recommend that he
> >be drafted as newsletter editor, if that funding route is taken.  ;-)
> >
> >Dan
>
> Seconded!!

I would accept with a caveat. I'm a decent Forth programmer and deeply
interested in technology. But I'm not an engineer and not really
qualified to GENERATE worthwhile technical content. This would have to
come from the list.

I do have experience with publications, however. My first full-time job
was as an assistant editor on several trade publications. I was the
founding editor/publisher of Classroom Computer News -- which is still,
under a different name, one of the leading publications in the K-12
computing field.

Can you guys turn out enough outstanding technical content fill up a
periodical and, more importantly, make people sit up and take notice of
MISC?

Thanks,

Lloyd R. Prentice