Re: Funding

Hiya,
At 21:48 -0500 17/3/99, Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:

<snippy>

>> >After reading Lloyd's summary of the funding discussion, I recommend
>>that he
>> >be drafted as newsletter editor, if that funding route is taken.  ;-)
>> >
>> >Dan
>>
>> Seconded!!
>>

>I would accept with a caveat. I'm a decent Forth programmer and deeply
>interested in technology. But I'm not an engineer and not really
>qualified to GENERATE worthwhile technical content. This would have to
>come from the list.
>
>I do have experience with publications, however. My first full-time job
>was as an assistant editor on several trade publications. I was the
>founding editor/publisher of Classroom Computer News -- which is still,
>under a different name, one of the leading publications in the K-12
>computing field.
>
>Can you guys turn out enough outstanding technical content fill up a
>periodical and, more importantly, make people sit up and take notice of
>MISC?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lloyd R. Prentice

What about an additional sytem to go along side this? I am thinking of a
web site, obviously with a link to UltraTechnology, Rockerfeller and the
newsletter order form, that contains general information and a list of FAQ.
I'd be happy to host this at my site, unless the vote goes for an 'own'
domain name for MISC (actually, this would be better, giving it a 'higher
profile'). I may be able to foot the bill for this, but hold on, let me
have a look to see if www.misc.com is registered.......well, all of
misc.com, misc.org and misc.net have been taken. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Luis.