Re: Funding

Hi Luis,

I think your suggestion is a good idea.

Over the past two years I've been developing a mega Cold Fusion web
application that could provide an outstanding infrastructure for the
newsletter and other MISC-related projects.

The system, called Decisive Events, is designed as a web-based
conference planning, promotion, and management system. We're developing
it for a major IT advisory company, but I own the code. Many of the
functions and features could very easily be adapted to support a variety
of things that would be useful to the MISC communitity.  Among many
other things, it has a complete conference registration system that
could very easily be adapted to maintain a paid circulation list, a set
of very powerful web-based site management tools, a e-mail "blast"
feature, a "delegate directory" that enables conference delegates to
share basic bio information and messages, a conference evaluation tool
that could support surveys, copius reports, etc., etc.

One thing I've been thinking about to support the MISC effort and to
raise money for future fab runs, etc., is a series of interactive
tutorials on such topics as Forth, MISC concepts, FPGAs, etc., etc.,
etc. This would complement the newsletter very nicely, and be a powerful
way to disseminate MISC ideas and technology. Even with low "tuition"
fees, it could be a powerful money maker since there's enormous hunger
for accessable information about cutting-edge technologies.

I've been thinking about this for awhile in relation to another project
that I've have in mind, but it would dovetail nicely with MISC needs.

We're bringing a site public in a few days that was built under this
system. You can see it in pre-release now at http://zeke.gigaweb.com
then select Europe IT Forum '99. (Please Don't look at the other
choices.)

Behind this site is an incredible set of management tools.

You can see a more about my company at http://paisite.com.

I'm going to be very busy until late June, but I'm planning to bring the
system up on my own server as soon as I can after that.

I offer this as a suggestion, but I'm certainly open to other
approaches.

Best wishes,

Lloyd R. Prentice