Re: MISC-ShBoom-MuP21-F21

>is stable and
>well documented.

As I see it stable is a big problem. MuP21 is a crippled chip
because at the voltages needed to make it work the memory
warranty is void.

Instead of fixing MuP21 the money was put into the next better chip
F21. We find there is a problem with F21. Will Jeff/Chuck stick
with F21 until the problems are resolved or will they move on to
F32 or F64? The track record is not encouraging.

Chuck in my opinion is a Physics student. Not an engineer or
businessman. Chuck wants to explore. To expect sound business
decisions is probably wishful thinking. To expect the engineers
attitude of keep at it until you get what you want is also
wishful thinking. He does just enough to learn what he wants
to learn and moves on.

I think the idea man is invaluable and to be highly reverded.
I think it is marvelous to be able to move in his shadow. I
think a lot of the exploratory attitude has rubbed off on Jeff.

Simon - http://www.tefbbs.com/spacetime/index.htm