Re: MISC-ShBoom-MuP21-F21

<snip>
>Tom Vermeiren <Tom.Vermeiren@rug.ac.be> wrote:-
>I've also found some info's somewhere about the MISC M17, but I haven't
>found anything about it at the UltraTechnology pages. I don't know if
>anyone's familiar with this design? From wath I know, it resembles much at
>the MuP21, but that's just based on the little I know about it. I'm not
>even sure it's designed by Chuck Moore.
>Thanks in advance.

Hi Tom,

If I remember (it's a while ago) The MISC M17 was designed by
Charles Johnson(?).  I remember paying some money at a Forth Conference
long ago.... There was an assembler being given away on floppy disk.
see  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~koopman/stack_computers/sec4_3.html for
some detail on the architecture, instruction set etc.

Does anyone know if Minimum Instruction Set Computers Inc. is still
around?

Ray Gardiner ray@hdc.com.au